December- is a blur at the moment. Mainly, I remember going home to be with the family. Mark and Mandy were home this year, which proved to be eventful. Larry, CJ, and Caitlan-Dallas made there way to Mom's for a night as well.
I think I only slept in one day, because every other day we were up and on the road to visit other family or hanging out with Mom and Jerry. Dad made a fabulous gumbo that we shared on Christmas day, and we spent some time with about 30 friends in Ruston around a table of Mexican food. All together it was so good to see family and friends over the holiday.
Not much to speak of in January, that I can remember either. It would probably be easier to remember if I did this more often.
February is here, so I hope I can give you more detail. I think the big story is that Philip got to take a trip to Louisiana. He has spent some time with Mom and Dad, but needed to meet Jerry and see the world I grew up in. He was prepared for the 5 hour trip with a list of thought provoking questions as to use our time wisely. They were so good, I think I cried each time I answered one. A good cry.
Mom treated him right, you would have thought it was Christmas again with all the candy and the fabulous food. Dad wanted to treat him to Walnut Hills but it is closed on Saturday so we settled for a river view at the casino buffet... Delicious. If you know Philip, you can ask him about what was in Dad's deep freeze. It may have been the highlight to the entire experience.
Then of course-there is Valentine's. I love the day dedicated to pink, red, white, candy, flowers and love. I usually wear pink pants, but opted for red polka dots this year... This is compelling information isn't it. I have a beautiful arrangement from Mom and Jerry, and Philip brought me my favorite dark chocolate with freezedried raspberries. P and I had a fabulous dinner with the Wards and Chavez. It was so yummy and we laughed all night long (except for the point were exhaustion hit and I realized I was slumping on the table-Sorry, Amy. I really did love it!)
I am just settling in from a night at Camp Copass. The groups ministry hosted the 2008 Leaders' Retreat. Mack was in charge, so I was her robot all week. We love working together, and keep each other balanced some what.
So, I am ready for some rest and possibly a little time to do some house keeping.
I hope you are all doing well.
5 comments:
Love you Angie...it's been fun getting to know you. Glad we're friends.
Yippee! So happy for the update. Call me soon and let's really talk about the visit at home.
YESSSSSSSS! you need to do this MOOOOOOOOOORE!
A reason to update your blog....you've been tagged!
finally a update! I would love to do lunch maybe Thursday while the boys are at school. Let me know.
Post a Comment