Thursday, April 12, 2007

Why would I do that?

Why would I forfeit the greatest luxury ever offered to me? Christ died for reconciliation. He made a way for me to have an intimate relationship with the Almighty and I choose to forfeit that daily. It does not make sense to me. I pray that God would press into me the need for Him and the joy, peace, hope, and love that He offers me in this relationship.

I have another thought- not as spiritual as the first. Why have I stopped practicing photography? I really did enjoy it, learning and practicing. I took classes in college, played around with portraits with friends and family. Then my family, in all their love and desire to encourage me, gave me a very nice Digital camera. My very first. I shot with an all manual film camera and a Rebel for years. I had never used a digital, and didn't know how. Without any real training I tried to take some portraits, but I was disappointed in the prints. So I allowed fear and intimidation to set in, and stopped. I see this gift stare me in the face everyday. With good intentions of taking it out of the camera case and putting it to good use, but never really following through.

These two "Whys" are not that much different. Why-because I don't trust that there is really something there. I fear that I may fail. I am afraid that I would mess things up. I forfeit the luxury.

Stink.

3 comments:

Kent said...

Hey Ang. I think it's beautiful that the Holy Spirit laid this on your heart. I have experienced the same thing. I pray that He will grow you in this most precious gift.a

Melissa Rowe said...

Angie!!!!! im so glad i've gotten to run in2 you a lot @ venture...hopefully it will happen more. and i think you should go take some pictures! you have nothing to fear. im sure they are beautiful. and yes I will need help walking through this world of blogging, im not very internet savvy.

Andrea Bowman said...

hey ang! i'm glad we get to share the bullpen...we definately need to come up with a new name for this place!