It has been way too long, and I do apologize. A full time job, leaves little room to actually tell all that goes on during off hours.
Here is my best shot at catching you up...
August seems somewhat of a lost month, and I am actually looking back at my calendar to see if anything exciting happened. I will tell you that my mom and I flew to Iowa for Mandy's Bridal Shower. We had a very fun time, and this was Mom's first time to fly commercially. Mandy and I thought it best to have her begin flying for the future. You know Mandy and Mark will be having a few red-heads, and Grandma Truelove will want to be there for every birthday and an occasional baseball or softball game. Other than that I spent the rest of August making up for the day I missed at work. (It was such a big deal.)
September was "The Month of the Stenberg Wedding!"
Before heading off to Mandy's wedding I was able to sit in on KellyMooreClark's photography seminar held by a lab here in Dallas. She did an amazing job and as always, I wanted to be her.
I spent the week of the wedding in Iowa, running errands with Mandy and running back and forth to the airport. Overall, we had a wonderful time. The number of emotions that ran through me in one week was amazing. I know that my body paid the price in the end. Joy, elation, tears, fear, confusion, I am not even sure if these all count as emotions, but they were real. Finally, my dad and I sat in the hotel the day of the wedding, overcome with all the emotion, and admitted that it was harder than we thought it would be to handle all that we were feeling. Don't misunderstand... We love Mark Stenberg, and most of the emotion came from the joy and honor we felt by joining our two families together.
The ceremony painted an excellant picture of why God brings two believers together. The vows Mandy and Mark shared and the sweet words that Tom Nesbitt spoke over and to them, were more than just words. They reminded me of how Christ looks on each one of us as we place our trust in him and how he pursues a relationship with each of us. It was too fun.
Of course, the reception rocked. Mandy and Mark are all about the party. Everyone danced. Even Kristie J. commented on how many people danced to every song. Those Iowigans like to shake to some swing.
The very next weekend the party traveled to Arkansas, Tallulah, and then Ruston. Hugs and kisses and much needed laughter for all our family and friends were shared. Sunday morning the entire family (Bartholomew's and Fowler's) gathered in the hotel dining room until noon. The staff remained calm as every child under the age of 5 screamed at the top of their lungs and ran around with the service tongs pinching one another. It has been too long, and I will savor those moments.
Friday, October 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad your back!
Great update! You are too funny! I understand the emotions! HA! Let us know if you head our way! I can't wait until we can visit more! Love ya!
Glad to hear from you again!
All of that is goooooood stuff.
And believe me, I understood and am understanding more and more those emotions!
Post a Comment