My friend prompted me to think again on this subject today…
I am constantly considering writing a book about the women that God has blessed me with in every stage of my life. Each chapter would capture a different woman and the truths she has taught me. Sometimes in words, but mostly through the way each woman lives her life.
My mother- the encourager and comforter.
Mandy- my older sister, an example of a Godly woman that I want to mimic
Angie Shepherd- a true friend that sees through the masks that I try to put on and is not afraid to confront them
Stephanie, Danette, and Cathy- just a few of the mentors in high school
Zoe Ray and Linda Butler- second mother's that nurtured and loved me, sometimes with food!
Mrs. Kathy at the BSU in college, who encouraged me in the gifts God gave me
Jillynn Shaver who is consistently acted as a cheerleader and always bold to speak truth into my life
Jean Oliver Klughart- the year of the program and continuing to this day she reminds me of the truth theology and just how much God loves me. Her one question that rings in my ear forever- "Where is your joy, Joygirl?" I am so blessed to be on the "Hit List"
My friend and mentor- Krisite Johnson -mother of two beautiful girls and wife to a very energetic youth pastor
Carol Regher, my trustworthy friend and counselor, that so sweetly walked with me over the last three years of my life with prayer, deep wisdom, patience, and kindness.
I look over these women and it is difficult to pick one that stands out the most. Each woman boldly walks in obedience to the call that God places in her life to teach and disciple younger women. They did not try to "fix" me or demand me to be something I was not. I know the Holy Spirit guided each one of them to walk in patience and to speak with divine wisdom into my life. That only comes from a woman that has spent time before the Lord seeking her own guidance, wisdom, acceptance and strength from Him.
I have attempted to find women on my own to fill the times when I thought I needed someone. God reminds me in these times that my efforts are in vain. He provides mentors at just the right time, and He alone knows when I need someone and when I only need Him. I know that these women understood this as well and graciously kept silent when the Holy Spirit revealed to them that he needed the floor and did not need them at that moment.
I feel as if I should close this piece for now, but I know I could continue to write. After all, there are 30 years of Godly women to speak of. More like 30 years of God's faithfulness to guide and direct me!
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am honored.
I love you.
Angie - what a precious word of encouragement...You changed my life, as well. I love you, too
God is faithful to provide guidance & direction through great women! I could come up with quite a list myself! I enjoyed your post.
I do love you .
All we have to do is reach out our hand to God and he takes it from there.
Thank you Lord for loving us frist.
And you can write that book , go ahead and start.
mama T
Hey Angie!! Jill Metz is trying to get in touch w/ you. How can she do that? I'm leaving a message here for her b/c she doesn't have a blogger account.
shan
Post a Comment