Friday, July 07, 2006

My Space Violation

I have a confession for you all. I am not telling the whole truth. The other reason for my recent hiatus from Blogging. I have been sucked into the "My Space" World, which I am thinking of quitting.

Everytime I am beckoned to check my space, I feel violated. I will not lie. It is fun to hear from my friends, but I am wondering why we just don't pick up the phone or email one another.

There are other issues. Can I be too old to be on My Space, and you know other people are perusing each my space, sneaking around living through other's conversations, because I am guilty myself. I feel like we need boundaries. You know like the unspoken rules in the south: don't call after 9 pm or call before you come over.

And I am not sure why I don't feel as violated on Blogs as I do on My Space. Any thoughts from anyone out there?

6 comments:

Christi said...

Ang,
You are cracking me up today! You should have just come over here ... I could have showed you how to list someone else's blog on yours, and we could just talk instead of blogging! HA! Gonna miss ya!
I hope to talk to you sometime this week before we leave!
Blessings,
Christi

Shandra said...

yeah, you need to quit my space... it's so last year! :) i don't understand the point of it. i totally agree on the whole conversation thing.

Stacy said...

i agree. something about myspace is just so loud, flashy, and overexposed. i did have to sign up so i could spy on everyone and look at all their pics though! just didn't fill out my profile page.

Unknown said...

I don't think I know you, cept through jessica and others blogs. I have a myspace page, yes it is flashier than blogspot. However, since I know just any random person can come across my page, it can be a witness as well. So it's purely up to the individual, how, when, and why you use it. Just for kicks, if you want to check my page out, simply go to www.myspace.com/bigmamawin Hope this helped, in some small way.
---Winter

Mandy B Stenberg said...

I just don't like all the junk that pops up on my space - it is a bit overstimulating and young for me. I like the blog. I like to write about myself and I'm just self-centered enough to think that other people like to read about me. Isn't that funny???? Blogger is the way to go.

Megan said...

myspace has so much "stuff" to load that they are banning facebook & myspace from the school computers at mcneese b/c the network keeps crashing. there are lots of folks on myspace, but i haven't joined the bandwagon. i enjoy my blogging community right here.