After two years of settling into our home, I can't believe we didn't notice. We have our friends/contractor working in the kitchen to install a new slate back splash, and we have been combing through magazines to find the perfect/cost effective solution for our not so attractive fireplace mantel.
The current mantel is a very plain and unfinished, black box surrounded by blond porcelain tile. While staring at the fireplace and imagining new finishes, Philip and I realized that the firebox is completely off center.
This is maddening for two spacial-perfectionist. (Each in our own way, and I admit Philip's eye is a bit more trained than mine.)
Therefore we will have to find a solution to visually "fool" our eyes and hopefully forget about the extra four inches on one side of the fire box.
This should be interesting.
Monday, July 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment