The day I commited to be the wife of Philip Likens. I love him!

We had a fabulous time in Hot Springs. I almost did not think we could pull off a wedding in another state in two months. There are reasons why you wouldn't want to try it, but it can be done.
Philip, Mack, Mom and Mandy reminded me that the little things did not matter. I tried to listen for the most part. I tend to rush into things and end up with bruises. Philip takes his time and is very careful. He is a good match for me.
There was a little mishap with dress #1, which did not make it down the aisle thanks to Barkley's wise words, "Ang, this dress has lots of problems." Lesson #1: Don't purchase a dress in less than two hours on your first try. Take your time.
Jerry Truelove set me on the path to sanity and reminded me that I could go purchase another dress. So I did with Mom and Aunt Carolyn. O my- a dress with proper lining makes all the difference, and it matched my shoes.
I should have applied Lesson #1 to our choice of china. Yes, again, we rushed in thinking-"We have to do this soon!" Bad idea. We ended up cancelling our first order of china at Dillards and going with a more classic style at Crate and Barrel. We are very happy with the second choice!
There were parties and showers!
PJs and Pantry Shower at the little tea house in Plano.
Caitlan-Dallas and CJ put together the sweetest tea shower. This was a full course tea. Each course was served with a different hot tea. It was amazing. So many friends came to be a part. I loved getting to see my friends altogether in one place.
Louisiana!
This was a hoot. The girls (mom's cousins, aunts, sisters, sisters-in law, friends) all came out. Mom made a huge buffet of brunch type food and decorated her house with fresh flowers and linens on the tables. Philip stayed to help open gifts. You have to understand- when these girls get together, the room does not stop with laughter until the last car is down the road a bit. They are constantly jabbing at each other.
This is also the day Mom, Aunt Carolyn, and I found dress #2. They were so patient as I tried on dress after dress. They said they picked it hours before I did. They just knew which one it would be. I love that the story ends with Mom getting to be there to help me pick out the dress I would wear to my wedding. Very special!
Texas!
The minute Amy Ward heard we were engaged, she was planning the party. I love that about her. Amy and Darren adopted me into their family after the robbery in October. I have loved every minute living with their family. They taught Philip and I how to enjoy God through loving family and friends. They want to love people well, and they are good at it!
So the Wards, Hollemans, Jones, and Pattersons had a fiesta for Philip and I. Because our wedding consisted of family and a few friends, we still wanted to celebrate with our Texas family and friends. We did it Texas Style with fajitas and "fancy" smores! If you have not tried it, you have to purchase homemade marshmellows from Central Market. They melt in your mouth without any fire. Amazing!
The Man Party!
I was not invited. Man food, poker, and Root beer. That's all they needed. I think they had a good time. Thanks Bradley and Caprice...
The wedding came together so beautifully. We loved every minute with our families. Everyone came into Hot Springs on Friday or Saturday.
Mr. Jeff Harkey- O so sweet!- created a feast for our time on Saturday. Dad, Ken and Mason, and a few others recruited for duties co-piloted the efforts. We had ribs, fried turkey, pork loin, and roasted corn. They even started with a handicap-most of the food and some of the supplies were pilfered the night before from Mr. Jeff's trailer.
We had a vaca/honeymoon in Florida a week ago, and came home to wedding flowers and weddings of friends. Thanks for you patience in my blogging this special time in our life.
In the meantime, visit Picasa to see some pics from the wedding. We had the best time.
http://picasaweb.google.com/thestenbergs/AngieAndPhilipLikens
5 comments:
aw! i loved the update! see now, you can do this all the time :)
Yep, we have been waiting patiently for news! :) Everything was beautiful! I posted on a pic Mandy had posted and I knew immediately that I had the wrong location! John and I have been to that chapel as well as a neat one similar in Ft. Worth (I think). We are so excited for you guys! Let us know if you come our direction! Miss you, friend!
Ang, you look beautiful! Congratulations!
You were such a beautiful bride Angie! Thanks for sharing the pics. I love your dress. We can't wait to meet Philip in Dec.!
Ang..thanks for sharing the pics! Beautiful!!! Glad you had a sweet second honeymoon! OH....and I love "he was acting outside of his giftedness"...so eloquent!
Post a Comment