
I think blogs are more interesting with pictures. So I waited until I finally loaded some pics to blog.
Enjoy!
JULY
Dad and I took a trip to Iowa to visit Mandy and Mark. We spent most of our time at Holly Lake with the Stenberg family. It was a time to relax and enjoy the summer, and we were able to see the concrete slab for what will be RedStone, a multi-level, high-end town home development by the Stenberg families.


I also purchased my small camera which explains why I am starting the picture blog story in July. The camera is a Christmas gift from Mom and Jerry that I just took my time in purchasing. I have enjoyed using it.
August & September
Mack and I were consumed with planning for GroupConnect at the Village Church. By the time the week of the six events rolled around, we were not normal.

We spent so many hours together. This was also the week that the apartment was burglarized. Mack and Sarah were more than gracious and offered their couch and beds. They welcomed me with open arms. Mack was patient, even when I was beyond tired and out of my mind. They finally caught the bandits after over 120 breakins.
She proclaimed last week at lunch that we are "real friends". I like her too!
OCTOBER
After GroupConnect, Kerri and I decided to move. She made her way to Plano, and the Ward family took me in. I have definitely enjoyed my time here. The Wards, mom, dad, three boys, 2 westies and Tiger the cat treat me like one of their own.

Brooks is the baby of the family, and this is normal around here. The three boys keep me rolling and on my feet. There will be more about our new addition to the family next week. And be sure to take a look at the snake that visited recently. Philip spared his life.
The staff took a retreat this month to Moon River Ranch. The kicker is that Dad and Jeff Harkey came along to cook all of our meals. I have not had the experience any other way, and I loved it. They did a wonderful job and were dead tired by the end.
There were many stories from the kitchen, but my favorite was that Mr. Jeff convinced Josh Drew that the water for the hot chocolate had to be 120degrees. Josh used a meat thermometer to test all the water in the microwave Jeff's last words once they got home, "I'd do that again."
I consider it a great blessing to be serving with some of my best friends. I never thought I would actually be living in the same town as some of them. It is so much fun. I am able to see the Holleman's, the Patterson's, Kerri Starr, the Jones' and the Loser's on a regular basis. There are many new addition to the families with babies and husbands, and we love them all.

Kristyn, Penguin Preston, Amanda, &
Aina w/bun in the oven
The Holleman's hosted a Halloween party at their home. We had so much fun with friends stopping by and the neighbors coming out for the bounce house and hot dogs. Preston was rockin the penguin outfit for most of the night. What a sport!
A November update will come later. I have one more day. Love to you all.
5 comments:
Ah MAN! I was hoping to see a pic of "the BEARD!" No shave November no longer as of today...sad.
fun pics, ang!
Yippee. Good pics. Glad to see I made the blog!
love your pics!!
my favorite is the first picture! you are so funny :)
Post a Comment