JenKen is now Jennifer and Brad Fisher. Jen and Brad were married in Fort Worth on Saturday. She was the calmest bride I have ever encountered. Jen owns a cafe and catering company in South Lake, and she did not stop working until the minute before she had to finally sit and have her hair done and put on her dress. Lots of old friends attended and it was good to see them all. I had a wonderful time and was honored to have the opportunity to work with my college roomie on her wedding.
Jen, thanks for trusting me.
I have to admit, I feel the need to update you all on life. Chet and Ashley Sears got on to me for not keeping the blog up to date. I guess I should fill you all in if I am snooping to keep up with you.
Over the past year, my life has changed quite a bit. Last July I had just finished with Tommy's conference and moved on to another job. That did not work out like I thought it would (I learned some valuable lessons), but I have since had the opportunity to go to work as an admin with The Village Church in the home group ministry. I love this ministry and enjoy the work that I am able to do. I have the privilege of working with many old friends from CrossCamp days. I think we can bring them in one by one and no one will notice. This just may be the land we were praying for.
Also, July was the month that I first met Philip Likens. We did some hanging out, and we started dating in October. I have told him, and it is true, I am honored to tell others about him and his character. He has treated me with respect, kindness and tenderness. His ability to communicate through hard conversations and his patience throughout dating has been refreshing and honoring. Just today, an old friend wanted to hear about Philip and my bosses (both of them) began to chime in with details of his servant attitude and care for others. I didn't have to say a word. I like him.
I am still working with flowers and brides. You can check out the events blog for details.
Lastly, KerriStarr and I moved to Lewisville. She is a wise soul and I am blessed to have a friend that pursues God and encourages me to do the same. I admire her confidence and pursuit of the Lord.
(side note: as I am writing and watching the news a commercial for a Baby Bright Baby-Fetal educational speakers just came on. Weird.)
If I left something out, and you are wondering you will have to ask.
Monday, June 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's nice to hear all about what's going on with you!
Hi Angie,
I am so happy for you and that is going o in your life. Keep in touch. Caleb and I would love to hang out when summer is over. Love, Aina
Hello my dear friend!
I am so glad to find your blog and your update on life. Thanks for removing Landen from the KV prayer time!! He was a little excited.
Love you,
Kim
(Since I am still new to this blogging world, incase the blog site doesn't show up, it's thatcorsotrio.blogspot.com)
Hey lady,
Thanks for your comment, we would love to grab dinner or have you over as well. I think Heather Fields lives in our apartment complex as well.
Post a Comment