Monday, April 03, 2006

Mary Beasly and Tommy Nelson

So I have been busy with work lately. I only work three days a week with Hudson Productions and two days with Vera.

I am planning a conference for Hudson at the moment. You are all invited. Not kidding. I need bodies. Check out the plans so far, and make some plans of your own to come join us. www.TommyNelsonDirect.com/Romans

Vera's mother in law, Mary, passed away last week. I have been busy arranging movers, canceling movers, meeting strange men to move things, etc.

Rudy, the mexican, and myself worked for two days going through Ms. Mary's stuff. I think I found cookies or chocolate in every cabinet in her apartment, like she was afraid someone would take it from her. She was so skinny. I only knew her for a few months, and it was always hit and miss. Sometimes she remembered me, but most of the time she was in her own world and always so gracious to invite me to come along. I think we made plans to meet for lunch or shopping every time I went to see her. She always asked if the "other people she came with" were staying in the same hotel. The day before she passed away, she told me that when the others got there, they would meet me down stairs before the ballgame. She was 84, and it was not until she was gone that I actually learned about Ms. Mary Beasly Reid.

She was the most beloved debutante of San Antonio. I found every announcement from the social papers of SanAntonio and Kansas City that announced her every coming and going from these cities. She was royalty.

2 comments:

Jenny Ortis said...

I love learning about other peoples' experiences, especially those that have been around longer than me!

What is going on with your business????

Megan said...

What's the latest with you?