The cubs and the mothers were moved from Madison Parish to Concordia Parish. I think they moved 10 mothers altogether. The state program is attempting to re-establish the Louisiana Black Bear population. Funny, they actually started this process years ago by bringing bear down from somewhere up north, like Minnesota (I will have to ask Dad to clarify). All I know is that they only move females and cubs because the male will always return to their original spot.
4 comments:
Where did they find these bears? I did not know bear cubs were that small?! What a neat job!
how cute!!
How interesting! Those cubs are so cute!
The cubs and the mothers were moved from Madison Parish to Concordia Parish. I think they moved 10 mothers altogether. The state program is attempting to re-establish the Louisiana Black Bear population. Funny, they actually started this process years ago by bringing bear down from somewhere up north, like Minnesota (I will have to ask Dad to clarify). All I know is that they only move females and cubs because the male will always return to their original spot.
Post a Comment