Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Light by Michael Jennings



Zoe and Kolan Ray gave Philip and I a wedding gift. They asked us to find a piece of art that we could have in our home from them. I knew I wanted something with cows. In high school I showed Ray's Miss Pearl, a Brangus heifer, and she won Grand Champion Heifer at the Louisiana State Fair in 1993. I have fabulous memories of traveling to cow and sheep shows with the Zoe and Kolan.

Philip and I took a short trip to Marble Falls, Texas this past spring and found this original oil pastel. We were able to meet the artist as well. These are not Brangus, but I still love the art.

Thank you, Zoe and Kolan.

1 comment:

Mandy B Stenberg said...

LOVE IT. That is really fun. Mark will be proud. He loves to have art that means something.