I have many “a- ha” moments while teaching kiddos in KidsVillage. It happens to be one more place that God allows me to see scripture clearly in relation to what he is teaching me in the moment.
This summer we taught all about prayer and used the Lord’s prayer (Matthew 6:5-14) as our guide; no coincidence that God continued to pursue me and call me into a deeper relationship with him. I tried to run and hide, of course, but he persisted. Thank you, God.
Our Father, in heaven. (As children of God we pray to the Father, through the Son, with the help of the Holy Spirit.)
Hallowed be your name (We are asking that His name be glorified above all else.)
Your kingdom come, your will be done (not my kingdom)
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread (He will provide for our needs. We are completely dependent on Him)
And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors (I had a huge debt to pay and Jesus paid it all. I can forgive others with God’s help)
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil (our hearts are wicked and deceitful. God knows what is best and gives what is best, and the Spirit will testify with my spirit His will and the way I should go. His wisdom is greater than any man’s wisdom)
Amen (I agree-Yes!)
We are currently three weeks into seeing God as our Heavenly Father. Good, Wise, Loving and Generous. More on that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment