This is a stew that is packed with good veggies. I like to make this for friends when they are sick or families with a new baby. I am posting this one for Faith and Michael. Enjoy.
1 pkg of Chicken breast, washed and cut into bite size pieces
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
1 white onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 cup celery, chopped, I use more
1 basket whole mushrooms
1 cup carrots peeled and cut into pieces
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon dried thyme
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 green onions, chopped
1 lb. canned chopped tomatoes, undrained
Dash of sugar
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups dry white wine
1/2 teaspoon saffron (I leave this out, because I don't have it in my pantry. I use file instead at the end)
Combine in a 2 quart stock pot: 1 cup water Chicken broth, onions, garlic, celery, carrots, mushrooms, parsley, and thyme. Bring to boil and reduce heat, then simmer for 30 minutes.
In a large hot skillet: brown chicken and add green onions, cooking for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and juice to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Add this mixture to the stock pot along, with sugar, salt, wine, and saffron. Cook this over low heat for 30 minutes.
Serve with crusty, toasted french Bread and salad.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment