Philip took some time this weekend to spend time with my Dad in Louisiana. They ate good food, spent time with my cousin Bret Lee at his ropin', and had crawfish with Aunt Ginger and Uncle Buddy and the rest of the Farrell clan. He also took some time to talk with Dad about marriage and asked if he could marry me.
About 9 hours later, I showed up at Philip's apartment. I was excited to see him after several days.
He greeted me at the door with this bouquet that he had created. I think it is beautiful and commented that he had done a better job than I had in the past.
After he gave me a hello hug, he pulled back, looked at me with tears in his eyes and told me that he loves me. Very sweet. He mentioned that he wanted to marry me and dropped to one knee and asked me to be his bride.
I said "Yes" - no question about it!
Before this moment, I knew that I wanted to marry Philip. He loves the Lord and seeks Him. His kindness and gentleness have balanced me and his creativity amazes me.
We are very excited about our future together and have dreamed of what it could be. There will be many exciting moments and I look forward to sharing them with my husband to be.
27 comments:
Congratulations Angie!! I am so happy for you - and for him! May God bless the both of you throughout your marriage.
So sweet!
Congratulations! I'm excited you're going for a quick engagement. :) It helps with your stress levels.
Congratulations Again!! You will be a beautiful bride, and wife!!
Can't wait to hear the details as they come about.
We are so happy for you Angie! You are such a gift. Philip is lucky (and I know that you are too). We love you! Aina & Caleb
ang!
i am so excited for you! being married is the most fun. i am glad that philip knows what a catch you are. we love you!
angie
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
WHat?????????????????ahh....angie. THis is sooo great. So you still gonna take me up on our trade?? Let me know if we need to do some engagement pictures soon!
Ang-
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!
Love,
Paige
YEAHHHHHHHHHH!
I am so excited for you guys! Is there any way we can talk you guys into relocating?!?!?!??!?!
Keep us posted on your wedding plans! May the Lord graciously bless your marriage! God has been so gracious in our almost 13 years of marriage! We are blessed and so thankful for this sweet relationship He has given us! Have fun!
Love you!
This is so awesome girl! Congrats.
Does this mean we can't call you Angie B anymore??? I am SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOS happy for you sweet girl. I can't wait to meet the lucky boy who won your heart!
Miss you tons and tons! Brooke
yea! congrats!
Congratulations, Angie...so happy to hear your news!
-Cara
Congrats, Angie!!!!!! I'm SO happy for you two!
yay!!!!
congratulations, angie!!! i am so excited for you. kristyn is right...you will be a beautiful bride and such a loving wife. love you girl.
YEAH!! And once again, if you are looking for a flower girl or bridesmaid. I am in!
congrats Angie! you will be such a beautiful bride!!!
Angie-
I am sooo excited for you!! I know you will be a wonderful wife! I hope all is well with you! Check out my blogspot:www.sabbatinifamily.blogspot.com when you can!
Sarah Poole Sabbatini
HURRAYHURRAYHURRAYHURRAY! I wish you could hear the way i am singing it! ha! it sounds much better than it looks typed out!
congrats, angie! yes, i am a blog lurker :)
Angie!! Congratulations, my Dear! Mandy sent me a text and I have been meaning to send you a message but tonight is the night! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear about fun times ahead. May the Lord bless you both. Love ya! Christi
I am so happy for you guys. You will probably have the most beautiful flowers at your wedding! And well you will just be a beautiful bride. Can't wait. Lost contact with your blog, but I am back.
Congrats and best wishes Angie!
Jenny Ortis
Angie, I am so excited for you! Do you have a date yet??? I would LOVE to be there! Keep me in the loop on details, and call me soon!! Love ya, ~Sandi
Hey Angie, I'm so happy for you!
Jody Nida
Ang!! I just read your blog for the first time and was so excited to read this! I am SO happy for you! Miss you!!
Post a Comment