Friday, June 05, 2009

Baking, santification, and momentary silence

Not sure what to title these re-entrances into the blog world. I just come in and out when I have the time. So if you are someone that checks in on me from time to time- here's an update.

A fabulous team of women came together for the Women's Retreat at The Village. I loved working with this group of ladies. I love their passion and sweetness. It had to be one of my favorite experiences working with a team. I knew that the gospel was central in their hearts and motives, and hope to continue seeing them and spending time with them.

In the past several weeks-months-years... God is so gracious to not let me go. He is pressing into my soul to sanctify me for His glory... Thank you, Jesus.

I had the picture in my mind a few days ago of wrestling with the cozy warm blanket. That is what I tend to do. God is offering so much freedom in releasing all that I think I can control- ridiculous- I think I am controlling by worry and fear. The reality is- He has it all- I am just foolish enough to think I can have to. Not to worry! He is reminding me-daily- that it is not mine.

P and I are praying about what God may have for our future and in the mean time, what should we be doing with our time. Events at the Village are slowing for the summer, but that means that we have so much to do in about two months for the fall. So there is not much time. I am always thinking in months and weeks, therefore the summer is going to slip by I'm afraid. I can not even imagine what all will change with the new campuses in Flower Mound and Dallas. God is certainly using all of it to remind me to let go.

I am planning to go to Children's camp in June- Whoopie!, then P and I will be headed north in July to Iowa for Callen's big birthday - one year old. Dad and Jeff are coming up to fix a CAJUN feast for about 60 Iowagians and a handful of Arkansans (Mom and Jerry) and Texans (me and P). Thanks to Mom and Jerry- we will be staying in a sweet bed and breakfast at Clear Lake. Thanks, Mom and Jerry. We can't wait.

I should insert, that I have not cooked a ton lately. I implemented a new plan to keep from going to the grocery store several times a week. I pull out all the cookbooks, magazines, and watch a few of my favorite recorded shows for inspiration. Then make a plan over the weekend, write out my grocery list and shop on Sunday or Monday for the week. It helps to have it all ready to go.

I am teaching myself to bake. P and I are a bit obsessed with dessert. You're sure to have something sweet when you come over (or invite us to your home.) I'm not the best at baking, therefore I am forcing myself to try some new things. I finally broke down and purchased some toothpicks for testing cakes:)

Keep enjoying some yummy recipes. Martha is baking lots of cupcakes to showcase her new book, so it should keep us busy for a time.

O- and- I finally found a brave soul to start typing my mom's cookbook. I am hoping to have the first draft finished by the end of the summer. I'll keep you all posted.

Love!

2 comments:

Mandy B Stenberg said...

I want that cookbook!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

You should have asked me to type your mom's cookbook. :) I would have had it done in a heartbeat. I made one for Natasha and am thinking about making one for myself in the next couple of months. I tried 2 of your recipes this week. Both were hits. Well, the Roast in the crock pot with the pepperoncini's was my fav. Peter said it was to vinegary for his taste. He said I should have put barbeque in it. :) He's picky like that! LOVE YOU ALOT!